"A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles."
Nearly every academic year, the Nauset High School Music Department takes on some big challenges and adventures. Next year is shaping up to be a busy and exciting year! Special performance opportunities are already scheduled. Fund raising opportunities are already in place (see the boosters' page). Our Spring trips are educational, bonding, and extraordinary learning opportunities. In the recent past, we have performed in Dublin Ireland, Montreal, Quebec, New York City, NY, Boston, MA, Annapolis, MD, Philadelphia, PA and many other venues. Stand-out performances from 2017/2018 include performances at the Cobb County Concert Hall in Georgia (as well as at 30,000 feet on a JetBlue airliner)
Spring Trip Cycle
- The Music Department has established a four-year cycle in their spring trips. This ensures every student has similar opportunities for travel and experiences. We are presently in year one of the cycle. If year three is a particularly ambitious goal, we opt for no trip the previous year to allow students/parents/boosters two years for fund raising goals. Our last large trip was in 2015-2016 and we traveled throughout Ireland with 103 students and 10 adults.
- 2017/2018: Year One: Large Domestic
- 2018/2019: Year Two: Close by (NYC, BOS, Montreal, etc) or "Senior Trip"
- 2019/2020: Year Three: Large Trip (Domestic or International?)
- 2020/2021: Year Four: Close by (NYC, BOS, Montreal) or "Senior Trip".